At the beginning of the year, there was some talk about what was going to your word for the year …. I even wrote a blog post about it! In the comments to that blog post …. I shared that I thought my One Little Word would be thinking for this year.
In January, I wrote a blog post describing my thinking about actions to take.
This past month, my thoughts have been everywhere with so many things going on, so I think I want to reflect on thinking this month . . .
- What does it mean to think?
- Is thinking just the random ideas that pop into my mind?
- Or is it the connections I make with specific ideas that promote further action and ideas?
- Does it need to be quiet for thinking to take place?
- Does hearing other sounds and ideas promote even more thinking?
- Does thinking have to happen in your head?
- Can thinking happen on paper?
- Does thinking happen in color?
- Does thinking happen in black and white?
- Does thinking happen in words?
- Does thinking happen in the formation of images?
- How does discussion with others fit in to thinking?
- I know that I like to talk through my thoughts to be able to effectively express the ideas forming in my head, so for me talking helps my thinking …. I think ….
I guess all the above questions look at thinking as a verb …
But there are also ways thinking can be considered a noun …
What do you think?
What have you been thinking about this month?